The book traces Denshaw’s history from holdings within the Abbey of Roche’s land at Friarmere to its development in the nineteenth century at the Junction of two turnpikes. The rising population of millworkers and the wealth of the Gartside and Butterworth families lead to the building of the church in 1862. This book is well researched and includes many colour and b&w illustrations.
Author: Mike Buckley
Softbound, pages 133