Saddleworth lies to the west of the principal Pennine
watershed. Historically, a Township in the Agbrigg
Wapentake of the West Riding of Yorkshire; Saddleworth was,
however, a Chapelry within the parish of Rochdale until 1869
when it achieved parish status. Although still part of
the historic County of Yorkshire, Saddleworth is now part of
the Metropolitan Borough of Oldham.
For an introduction to Saddleworth, see: